PCGS NATIONAL COMPETITION 2021
The Philadelphia Classical Guitar Competition is part of the Annual Philadelphia Classical Guitar Festival and will take place online via Audio and Video recordings.
There are two separate divisions:
1. The Adult Division is a national competition open to advanced classical guitarists up to 30 years of age by April 1st 2021 (the year of the competition) and residing in the United States.
2. The Junior Division is a competition for high school students from the Tri-state region (DE, NJ, PA).
Applications and recordings are due no later than:
February 15, 2021 [11:59 pm EST]
There are three rounds:
> The Preliminary round – The jury will review unmarked/anonymous AUDIO RECORDINGS and select up to 12 advancing competitors from each division. Entrants will be notified if they have advanced to the semifinal round no later than March 15, 2021 and invited to submit their video recordings of their repertoire.
> The Semifinal round - The jury will review the submitted VIDEO RECORDINGS on Saturday, March 28, 2020.
> The Final round will feature the same VIDEO RECORDINGS, to be broadcast live online during the 2020 Philadelphia Classical Guitar Society Festival.
Winners will be announced later the same day
at the end of the 2021 PCGS festival.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
- The Guitar Society reserves the right to cancel any competition division and return student entries and fees if insufficient entries are received.
- Entries must be received no later than 11:59pm(EST) on February 15, 2021. Entries received after 11:59pm EST will not be accepted.
- The same repertoire must be performed in the Preliminary, Semifinal, and Final Rounds.
- Editing of recorded entries is not permitted and will be sufficient reason for disqualification.
- Prior first prize winners may not participate in the same division.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com